Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO)
Pediatric Health and Research Center
CHEO is a pediatric health and research center providing outstanding family-centered patient care, pioneering breakthrough research, and training the health care professionals of tomorrow.
The African Community Initiative is proud to raise funds to support CHEO!
Funds raised by ACI could be used to assist CHEO purchase items such as the following:
- Bone Densitometer
- Bedside Patient Monitor
- Neonatal Transport Incubator
- MRI/CT Multi-Modality Work Station
- Microcentrifuge (Genetics)
- Cytogenetic Drying Chamber
- Hybridization Oven/Shaker
- Hemochron Machine (MDU)
- Heart Lung Bypass Machine (Cardiac Surgery)
- RetCam 3 (Ophthalmology/Surgery/NICU)
- Digital Mobile X-Ray Unit (Medical Imagining)
Did You Know?
- One-Third (1/3) of the patients in the clinic are from the Emergency Department with head or eye injuries that must be seen within hours of their injury.
- The Ophthalmology Clinic at CHEO sees more than 6,200 patients per year and, on average, more than 500 visits each month.